Multiple stores can be created and associated with a single Awayco account. This article will introduce you to the functionality of each of the apps for multiple stores:
- The Web Store
- The Admin App
- The Point-of-Sale App
The total inventory of all your stores will appear together on your web store. Customers have the option to filter by location, or click on a store to view the available products.
Each store location will user the Admin app. Multiple stores use the same URL to access the Admin app, in the format of storename.admin.app.awayco.com. The Admin app is restricted to a single login, however PoS app logins can be used to access a limited version of the Admin app
Create Additional Stores
The process of creating stores is identical, whether it is your first or your tenth store. Follow the steps below to create a store.
Add a Location
- Navigate to the Locations tab, under Settings in the sidebar of the Admin app.
- Click the add location button in the upper right corner.
- Write the name of the location, e.g. 'Bondi' or 'Sydney'.
- Enter the latitude and longitude of the location. We recommend googling the location name, longitude and latitude.
- Select the country from the dropdown menu.
- Click the create location button.
Add a Store
- Navigate to the Stores tab, under Settings in the sidebar of the Admin app.
- Click the add store button in the upper right corner.
- Under the store details section, enter the name of the store.
- Enter the description of the store, this is your 'about us' section. There is no limit on the word count.
- Enter the contact email of the store. This email will receive all correspondence about bookings, cancellations, etc.
- Enter the contact phone number of the store.
- Enter your website URL. If your Awayco web store is your main website, enter your Awayco URL instead.
- Enter the store address in the text box. The text box will suggest addresses based on what you've entered, select the correct address from the dropdown menu.
- Select your previously created location.
- Enter the product categories. You can create these by typing in the text box. Read our guide on manually creating categories.
- Upload your store logo. This will need to be uploaded a second time in the Theme tab for it to appear on your web store, read our guide on logos.
- Upload images of your store.
- Enter the store opening hours by toggling on each of the days your store is open. Click the clock icon and enter the open and closing hours.
- Enter the early checkout hour. This is the number of hours before opening that a customer can pickup their rental. Enter 0 if a customer cannot pickup a rental before opening.
- Enter the late return hour. This is the number of hours after closing that a customer can return their rental. Enter 0 if a customer cannot return a rental late.
- If there are special dates when your store hours differ, for example Christmas day, enter a special opening date by selecting the add exception button.
- Select the date from the calendar picker and toggle if the store is open or closed.
- If open, click the clock icon and enter the open and closing hours.
- Scroll down to the fulfilment options section.
- Rental padding provides the option to create a buffer before or after a booking when the same product cannot be rented again. Enter the number of days before pickup or after drop-off that a product is not available. If no buffer is required, leave as zero.
- Click the create store button. The store has now been created, add new products and Point-of-Sale app (PoS) users.
Each store location will use the same URL to access the PoS app, in the format of storename.shop.app.awayco.com. However, each store must have its own login.
- Navigate to the Users tab in the Admin app sidebar, under Settings.
- Click the add user button.
- Enter the email and password of the new user credentials.
- Select the store from the dropdown menu.
- Click the create store user button.
- You can now login to the PoS app.